Monday, October 22, 2012

Local Favorites: Franklin Fountain


leaves and flours vegan pumpkin sundae franklin fountain philadelphia

This weekend while we were in Philadelphia, we ate a lot of amazing food. We always make multiple stops at Grindcore House and Blackbird, but this time we also tried a few new places. We got chicken ranch sandwiches at HipCityVeg that were pretty decent. But the highlight of new food was definitely the pumpkin sundaes we got at Franklin Fountain! They make a coconut based vegan ice cream, a caramel sauce, whip cream, and throw in a handful of salted pecans and a pinch of malt powder on top. It really surpassed all of my expectations when I heard about it. I feel like generally when non-vegan shops try to create vegan ice creams they tend to fall a little short, but this was certainly not the case! If you haven't been here before and are in the area, you should definitely check it out. The people also own a little candy shop that is a few doors down. I didn't ask about most of the candy because I was already maxed out on sugar, but it did appear that several things were likely vegan!

leaves and flours vegan pumpkin sundae franklin fountain philadelphia

1 comment:

  1. Ok so we go to Philly a couple times a month and know all the vegan places but why have I never heard I this??? Can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete